DoD HFE Technical Advisory Group
Are you looking for the presentations from previous HFE TAG events? Presentations approved for public dissemination will be clickable on the HFE TAG Products page.
Dates: May 08-12, 2023
Location: In-person event at the University of Mary Washington (UMW) Dahlgren Campus 4224 University Drive, King George, VA 22485
Driving Directions: click here for more information.
Lodging Information: click here.
- Continue to check this website and social media (@DoDHFETAG) for updates.
Studying human and system error has helped us learn about capability but also can lead to a mindset of the human as a shortcoming and encourage a focus on systems failure instead of success, offering a limited and likely non-representative data set. For TAG #75, we ask how the HFE community can promote the view of humans as assets rather than liabilities, enabling the system to build resilience and increasing successful outcomes. The focus is on humans as the strength in the system.
2023 DoD HFE TAG 75 Schedule
Monday, 8 May 2023
- 0800-1530 Training: Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- 0900-1200 Training: SAE 6906 Standard Practice for Human Systems Integration
- 1300-1530 Training: Warrior Toughness
- 1530-1630 TAG Operating Board Meeting
Tuesday, 9 May 2023
- 0830-1200 Opening Session with Plenary Panel and Keynote
- 1230-1300 TAG New Member Orientation
- 1300-1530 Human Performance Measurement SubTAG and Personnel SubTAG (Combined)
- 1300-1530 Cybersecurity SubTAG and HSI Retrospective
- 1300-1600 Modeling & Simulation SubTAG
- 1500-1700 SAE G45 Committee
- 1530-1700 Panel: Mapping Experiment-Level Metrics to Mission-Level Metrics
- 1900 Social Event
Wednesday, 10 May 2023
- 0800-0900 Plenary Talk
- 0900-1200 HFE/HSI SubTAG
- 0900-1100 Controls & Displays SubTAG
- 0900-1000 Technical Society/Industry SubTAG
- 1100-1130 Sustained Operations SubTAG
- 1300-1500 Design: Tools & Techniques SubTAG
- 1300-1500 Safety, Survivability, & Health Hazards SubTAG
- 1400-1600 Training SubTAG
- 1500-1600 Model-Based Systems Engineering SIG
- 1600-1700 Caucuses
- 1800 Social Event
Thursday, 11 May 2023
- 0800-0900 Plenary Talk
- 0900-1130 Healthcare Human Factors SubTAG
- 0900-1030 Cognitive Readiness SubTAG
- 1030-1130 Standardization SubTAG
- 1230-1600 Dahlgren Tours
Friday, 12 May 2023
- 0800-1000 Mixed Reality SubTAG
- 0800-0900 Extreme Environments SubTAG
- 1000-1100 TAG Operating Board Meeting
On January 16, 2020, the Acting Director of Defense Research and Engineering for Research and Technology approved the 74th DoD HFE TAG meeting and subsequently on July 10, 2020, designated the DoD HFE TAG as a recurring DoD-hosted conference.
For more information, contact us.